When it's time to buy a new or used dock system. You'll often have the opportunity to chose a sectional dock system (or standing dock, as some call it), or a wheel in (or roll-in) style of dock system. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, and each style of dock is better suited for a particular purpose. The primary difference between each style of dock system is the manner in which the dock system is installed and, how the dock system is supported when set into the body of water.
A sectional dock system typically has legs and foot pads as is support, whereas a wheel in style dock system will usually have a combination of legs with wheels and legs with foot pads. Sectional docks are carried out and set into place. Their frames are lighter and are designed to make installation easy for one or two people. A wheel in dock system is designed to be rolled into place.
A sectional dock system typically has legs and foot pads as it's support, whereas a wheel in style dock system will usually have a combination of legs with wheels and legs with foot pads. Sectional docks are carried out and set into place. Their frames are lighter and are designed to make installation easy for one or two people. A wheel in dock system is designed to be rolled into place.
10 Reasons to Choose a Sectional Style Dock System
1. Super Modular - You can add and move sections as your needs change.
2. The Ultimate in dock stability. legs are welded or braced and are much more sturdy than wheels.
3. Minimizes storage space in the off season. Dock sections can be stacked so they take up less space on shore.
4. Frames connect together quickly and easily to make install and removal easy
5. Frames are typically 10' in length. This means less "bounce" than a 12', 16' or 20' dock frame.
6. Welded construction. LA Dock and ShoreMaster RS4 feature fully welded frames for durability.
7. Decking options! ShoreMaster offers aluminum, wood, and composite / plastic options. LA Dock features Brock Decking, or Titan decking.
8. Decking panels are removable so you can store them in the off season, this will keep your dock looking like new.
9. All aluminum construction with stainless steel and brass hardware. Your sectional dock will last a lifetime.
10. Incredibly light weight. A 4 x 10 sectional dock frame is easy enough for one or two people to carry for installation and removal - you'll save money over hiring a service to install your dock.
Lake Area Docks & Lifts Blog
Tips on purchasing new and used docks, boat lifts and accessories, plus stories, photos, and videos from our time on the water.
Fergus Falls, MN Store
23156 Co. Hwy 1
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Pelican Rapids, MN Store
1200 N. Broadway (Hwy 59)
Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
(218) 863 1833
Battle Lake, MN Store
106 Memory Ln. (Hwy 210 W)
Battle Lake, MN 56515
Brainerd, MN Store
18324 St. Hwy 371
Brainerd, MN 56401
Crosslake, MN Store
34310 County Rd. 3
Cross Lake, MN 56442